Friday, March 31, 2006

Granddaughter


Okay, I'm finally giving in to one of the desires of my heart: Sharing pictures of our precious little granddaughter. At the start of this blog, I told myself I would not use this as a forum to brag about the darling little one, but I can't stand it! I have to share some of the recent photos our daughter sent.



Maybe I have to do this because we're in Michigan and they're in Colorado, and I need to take advantage of every opportunity to make some connection. I like to read people's blogs, but now that I'm putting these photos in, I realize pictures are much more fun to look at than articles are to read, unless they're really great articles -- and those are rare.


So please be blessed by the beauty and innocence of this little one we call our own, Elena Josephine, first child of our oldest, precious daughter Kate and her wonderful husband, Josh, who is certainly a gift from the Lord. His birthday is tomorrow --HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSH!



Take a minute to remember all the little ones in your life. Pray for them and believe with me that God is raising up a great end-time army to bring His glorious Kingdom in greater measure through young people and little ones such as these.



Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them (Psalm 127:3-5).



And Jesus said to them, "Yes; have you never read, 'Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babies You have prepared praise for Yourself'?" (Matthew 21:16).



Jesus said to them, "Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all." And He took them in His arms and began blessing them, laying His hands on them (Mark 10:14-16).




Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: