Saturday, April 08, 2006

God's Word is Medicine

My son, give attention to my words;
incline your ear to my sayings.
Do not let them depart from your sight;
keep them in the midst of your heart.
For they are life to those who find them
and health to all their body.
Watch over your heart with all diligence,
for from it flow the springs of life.
Put away from you a deceitful mouth
And put devious speech far from you (Proverbs 4:20-24).
Is there something in your life – your body, your emotions, your relationships, your understanding of God – that needs some healing work? Give attention to God’s Word. What does this mean? Spend time in prayer asking God exactly what it means for you. Cry out to Him and pray it through until you receive His word for your situation:

Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble;
He saved them out of their distresses.
He sent His word and healed them,
And delivered them from their destructions (Psalm 107:19-20).

I will stand on my guard post
and station myself on the rampart;
And I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me,
And how I may reply when I am reproved.
Then the Lord answered me and said,
"Record the vision and inscribe it on tablets,
That the one who reads it may run.
For the vision is yet for the appointed time;
It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
For it will certainly come, it will not delay” (Habakkuk 2:1-3).
Keep on listening to God, searching His Word, and receiving from His Spirit what he would speak to your situation. Is there something you need to forgive? Is there something you need to be forgiven for? Is there something you need to stop doing? Is there something you need to start doing? Do you need to get busy? Do you need to be still? Do you need more love, more joy, more peace, more energy, more patience, more self-control? Do you need physical healing? God knows.

For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
For you will go out with joy and be led forth with peace;
The mountains and the hills will break forth
into shouts of joy before you,
And all the trees of the field will clap their hands (Isaiah 55:10-12).
Spend some time with the Lord. If you give Him enough time and enough room to work with you, He will speak the healing Word. Receive it, completely obey whatever He tells you to do, and allow Him to accomplish His work in you.

Tags: , , ,

No comments: